Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Open mind

new shoes

Dear Ittybit,

In a thousand years, I would never have picked these shoes and run with them.

But you are not me.

And that's a good thing, I think.

Unlike me, you are attracted to things that shine and sparkle. Things that are pretty and dainty and flouncy and feminine.

If anyone had said those things about me I would have been insulted.

But you ... You see all that is beautiful in the simplicity of something lovely.

Something I would have overlooked.

I am reminded how different we are every time I turn on the radio and scan for songs. I always stop for the gritty rock and punk icons that lit up my world. You want to push on for the digital effects and rolling harmonies of today's happy pop songs.

It occurs to me that in the grand scheme of things, we are what we seek.

So I push on. And I listen. And I remind myself that it's never too late to learn new things.

Love,

Mommy

No comments: