Saturday, November 27, 2010

You're joking, right?

from the video

I know what you're thinking: A tree? The weekend after Thanksgiving? Are you crazy?

I mean ... Think about it. Are you not the folks who leave their tree up until February or March?

In my defense I'd like to point out that there have been PLENTY of years where we waited until Christmas eve and either couldn't find a tree or took the saddest little Charlie Brown Tree left on the lot. True, that was before children were in the picture, but it did happen.

In my defense, and in looking at work and school schedules not to mention the need to have a birthday party for Ittybit a week before Christmas, it turns out there are very few weekends between now and then.

So. Why put off the inevitable?

Also ... There's the entertainment value of picking out a tree:

No comments: