This was a quick and easy project.
First I found an old key fob and cannibalized the ring mechanism.
Then I found some earth-toned scraps of felt and cut them in a manner that resembles no leaf found in nature. I also cut a long, rectangular strip of felt, folded it in half length-wise and sewed it along the length with a zig-sag stitch.
Next I threaded the keyring with the "petiole," folded the fabric and inserted the ends in between the two sides of "leaf" at the top. Then I sewed it all together at the point of the axil and continued sewing along the outer edges of the leaf.
I then attempted to sew veins on the interior of the leaf.
I got as far as the mid rib and gave up.
Next time I might use this as a reference.
Or maybe I'll just bring a leaf inside.