* Although domestic cats (many of which are feral) are estimated to kill millions of wild birds each year, more birds meet their untimely demise as a result of building collisions.
* I like to lessen my own culpability in ecosystem damage.
* Bells on collars do not prevent cats from killing wildlife; some studies suggest that the bells may even condition the animals to be more efficient at stalking their prey silently.
* Again with the minimizing of pet-owner responsibility.
* Cats are the Zebra muscle of the domesticated animal world -- an invasive species..
* And that catbird I managed to wrestle from her terrible claws will probably die anyway.
Oh, wait. There is an upside:
* A "University tested" and humane way to protect songbirds AND humiliate their would-be killers: The Cat Bib.