Friday, June 29, 2012

ROCK paper, scissors


Cutting paper

I awoke on the second official day of Summer Vacation™ hearing a chorus of "what are we going to do today?" in three-part harmony with an undertone of whining ... something about "boredom."

I hadn't even had my first cup of coffee so you can imagine how pleasant I was in my response.

Truth be told ... I pretty much used up all my energy (and extra cash) on the first official day of  Summer Vacation™ when, under threat of thunderstorm, we went to the movies, lunch at a Chinese restaurant and to an indoor gym with inflatables. 

So that might have had a little something to do with the fact that I had to peel myself off the ceiling at the mention of the "b" word.

"How could you be bored? Have you already forgotten the Summer Reading Program? We just got about a bazillionteen books out of the library -- which you begged me for -- so I KNOW you haven't read them already." 
"But mo-om!" 
"But. Mom. Nothing.  
"I mean ... We've also got toys, and games and art supplies. ... 
"Didn't I just buy paper?
"And glue sticks?
"And scissors... with blunt ends so you won't go stabbing anyone in the thigh as you run around the house like maniacs?" 
"Well, yeah ... but ..." 
"But nothing. We're making crafts. Lots and lots of crafts.
"And then we're reading books .... Lots and lots of books.
"In fact, today we're making bookmarks."

And so that's what we did.

We used our paper.

And our scissors.

And we rocked the bookmarks.


photo.JPG

And then we rocked a card for the wedding of some friends this summer.


for Eric and Carol

Who knows what will happen tomorrow.

Maybe we'll finally get to read a book.









No comments: