Tuesday, January 03, 2006

We don't do this enough ...


TEApartEE
Originally uploaded by toyfoto.
There's something so wonderful about tea parties that I missed growing up a consumate "tom boy." It's fun to watch her grow different from me, from her father and into a person who is some lovely combination of both of us with a healthy dose of herself mixed through.

I had that feeling sitting down on the front porch with her for this late afternoon tea time. So much is changing, and it seems so fast. Her vocabulary just seemed to burst into full sentences over the Christmas vacation. She seems taller and broader, and even her hair looks longer to me.

I suppose the strangest change for me has been her transition from calling me "Mama" to "Mommy," which happened over the winter break as well. I'm not sure why, but out of the blue she just started calling me mommy ... over and over and over again.

No comments: