Sunday, January 29, 2006

Ode to Avedon ...


stage left
Originally uploaded by toyfoto.
Well it's been that kind of weekend. One of my favorite groups on flickr ... www.utata.org pitched another one of its famed tribal photography weekend projects. We were supposed to choose a photographer (or several) and try to emulate their work. I contributed some archive works from two summers ago in tribute to Jock Sturgis and Julia Margaret Cameron, and also tried a few portraits with Annabel in the styles of Diane Arbus and Richard Avedon.
For those of you wondering, while she's not really posing, she did stand where I asked her to stand for brief moments in time. She also reminded me that I promised her a surprise if she would do it.
So she got a tablet of chocolate with our afternoon tea. She didn't even eat it.


ode to arbus ode to arbus ... II
... salvo to Arbus

No comments: