Friday, February 15, 2008

Ode to a weekend

Oh ... I love me some weekend.

Two days that bookend the week's comings and goings.

Two days we don't have to be anywhere.

Two days in which motivation isn't measured by paychecks and commutes.

Two days we don't have to do anything or be anywhere.

Two days in which we will try to fill five days' worth of used up commotion.

Two days to catch up with friends, photographs, laundry and dust bunnies.

Two days to look out the window and hope for a warming trend.

Two days until I realize it's over and I start to think again about the next two days.

3 comments:

saradgoldberg said...

Love the beads! Beautiful photo.

Firestarter5 said...

Isn't Presidents Day a holiday there? Bummer.

Monday is a brand new spankin' holiday up here in ONT. Family Day. I just call it a new 3 day weekend.

toyfoto said...

It is a holiday here. However only government workers and schools seem to take it off.