Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Older, wiser ... but still wearing size 4T

Ittybit: Mama? When I am an old woman will I look like you? I mean ... I don't have black hair, so I think I won't look like you. But ...

Mama (Trying not to hyperventilate): You think I am an old woman?

Ittybit (Realizing her mother's frailty): Well, I'm an an old woman, too.

Mama (Trying to regain composure): You are not an old woman. You are a young girl ...

Ittybit: I know I'm a kid, but sometimes change can be hard. In that way I'm an old woman, too.

4 comments:

apathy lounge said...

Wow. You've got a really wise "old woman" on your hands, no?

mamatulip said...

I'm an old woman in that way, too. She's smart.

Kcoz said...

"Ittybit: I know I'm a kid, but sometimes change can be hard. In that way I'm an old woman, too"

I'm amazed she said this!

Later...

Ellen Landrum said...

Oh I love me some Annabel. Old or young.