Saturday, March 20, 2010

I just hope I'm this calm in ten years ...

calling 76/365

I got a phone call last night at 9:30 from a woman who identified herself as So-And-So-I-never-heard-of's mom.

I say: "Oh Hi," as if So-And-So was someone I should know but don't.

Then she says in the most pleasant voice you can imagine: "Do you know where So-And-So is? I'm trying to track him down."

I hesitate for a moment before admitting "I've never heard of So-And-So. ... I thought my six-year-old was being invited to another birthday party."

4 comments:

mamatulip said...

Wow.

Really?

Wow.

Kelly @ Student of the year said...

"Yeah, he's sitting at my table having a cupcake."

Just One Foot said...

This cracked me up on so many levels...first the one where we pretend to know 'that kid', trying to convince ourselves that we've heard our kid at least talk about 'that kid', when in reality we've never heard his name. And second, that the mom of a possibly SIX year old wasn't quite sure where her kid was...I'm hoping it was a wrong number, in that she was trying to call the mom of a teenager....
Also, LOVED the breakfast pillow! You should get some bacon scented spray and give it a few spurts...
Very cute!

judy
justonefoot.blogspot.com

toyfoto said...

It is funny. I know the names of everyone it ittybit's class, but they team teach and she meets people in the playground ... some of whom have invited her to parties.

I thought so-and-so was maybe one of those kids.

Turns out it was a wrong number.