Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Major Rock Star

cleaning

First dental appointment: No fuss, no muss. Just 20 clean teeth.

... Ok .. there was a little muss.

The Champ has some surface decay on his front teeth, likely from night nursing. The doctor suggests we stop nursing cold turkey and gave us some medication to fortify the teeth.

I smiled and nodded. ... And died a little inside.

A part of me feels relieved that The Champ is FINALLY sleeping through the night and therefore nursing much less. But still. Died. Inside.

My baby. ... My last baby.

A baby who is also not interested in weaning.

She read my face. "Whenever you are ready as a family."

My daughter, the best parent of all, filled the doctor in a few minutes later when the topic had changed to orthodonture. (Yes, both kids will need braces.)

"She's not going to do it, you know."

"Do what, honey?"

"Stop nursing. She's not going to do it."

3 comments:

christine said...

So funny! And sad. Lots of sympathy to you... for everything, including being thrown under the bus.

Took my own big boy to the orthodontist today to have his braces installed. Talk about dying a little on the inside. Ouch.

the mama said...

i could not love her more. she was born a grown up.

Cara said...

You could always pump and sneak it into a sippy cup.
Signed,
The Enabler