Friday, May 07, 2010

Mean, rotten, horrible jerks

I said it once, I'll say it again: Kindergarten teachers may seem sweet, but underneath their friendly exterior there is a tiny, hardened and sadistic core.

Example:

A note came home with Ittybit, attached to a sheet of pink construction paper, outlining my "homework assignment."

I was to trace my hand and cut it out.

Yesterday THIS came home from school ...

mom' s day

Inside it says, in Annabel's handwriting: "You will hold my hear t forever. - Love Annabel."



To this class of professionals whose job it is to make moms cry, I must also add childcare providers and librarians.

Why do you ask?

See for yourself:

flower

This came home from the babysitter with the boy. Inside it shows construction paper cut outs of his hands with a heart popping out that says: "Mommy, you have my heart! Love, Silas."

library pic


This - an 8 x 10 print of The Champ feeding a goat ("he ate it all up") - came attached to a card from the Nassau Free Library with a note: "I love you, Mommy. Silas"


I tell you, the only thing I need for Mother's Day now is a box of tissue. Thanks for that.

1 comment:

christine said...

They are the worst, I tell you...!

Happy Mother's Day.