Monday, February 23, 2009

Facebook can go friend itself

This is how you catch snowflakes

So ... I am cutting and pasting the following list of questions to ask your kids from a meme I pilfered from Facebook and adding my own little notes:


Mom through Annabel's eyes

Annabel at five years old:

1. What is something mom always says to you? - 'Stand right there!'
(I want to take your photograph.)

2. What makes mom happy? – If you clean up your room.
(But only because I had been asking her to do so all day.)

3. What makes mom sad? – If I got a boo-boo or I fell off a cliff.
(Evidently, she thought better of saying 'When I don't clean my room'.)

4. How does your mom make you laugh? – When the popcorn goes spilling all over the place.
(She was laughing ... I was chasing hot kernels escaping from a tiny hole in the paper bag.)

5. What was your mom like as a child? - You were good.
(Obviously I have snowed this child.)

6. How old is your mom? – That can we just skip? Because I don't want to tell you.
(She wouldn't even attempt a guess ... she sense my sensitivity.)

7. How tall is your mom? – One and a six and a zero.
(She was reading the answer another child gave ... I decided to erase the answers after that.)

8. What is her favorite thing to do? – Going places with her kids. ... like bowling. She also loves taking pictures.
(Wishful thinking ... and buttering up.)

9. What does your mom do when you're not around? – Works in the city. She makes newspapers.
(She especially likes that when she comes with me she can get glimpses of the RCA dog and ships atop buildings.)

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? – A circus.
(Apparently she'd like me to join one.)

11. What is your mom really good at? - Photography. She has a lot of pictures. Like 287.
(Just about.)

12. What is your mom not very good at? – Not very good at cooking.
(I tried to remind her 'I Bake' ... she nodded in appeasement.)

13. What does your mom do for her job? – That would be the newspaper thing again.
(She's been there ... done that.)

14. What is your mom's favorite food? - Coffee.
(She's not wrong.)

15. What makes you proud of your mom? – When she takes me places and is with me.
(We do ALL the cool things.)

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? - A circus lady who swallowed a sword.
(She has me confused with this guy. ... Or, she's trying to tell me something.)

17. What do you and your mom do together? - Color.
(We make a good team.)

18. How are you and your mom the same? – We both have each other's heart.
(Awwww ... she's so cute. But really her's is more sweet ... mine is more, well, grapefruit.)

19. How are you and your mom different? – Mom has black hair and I have brown hair.
(Again ... she's being kind ... she could have said gray.)

20. How do you know your mom loves you? - Because she borned me and she loves me.
(She's in TOTAL awe that I have a scar that looks like this ... and that she came out of it.)

21. What does your mom like most about your dad? - That he's strong and handsome and funny and tries to tickle her.
(I do NOT like the tickling ... but she should know THIS has something to do with it, too.)

22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go? - Bowling alleys.
(What can I say? The kid doesn't lie.)


*It's a meme: Copy, paste, lather, rinse, repeat

6 comments:

Kelly Anne said...

Ok, the 287 pictures thing? Priceless.

And "We both have each other's heart." killed me. This is a great idea to do with her - I wonder what Silas' answers will be when he can talk!

Anonymous said...

LOL...that was cute.
So you are one of them types who just stands around the Bowling Alley all jacked up on caffeine staring at people!

Do I see a few freckles on little Annabel's face?

Later, Kcoz

Anonymous said...

Yes ... they are freckles! But they're not terribly new ... they are are just more pronounced when I do black and white conversions through the blue channel.

Anonymous said...

What a great way to keep some of her current reality alive for you and her both as she gets older =)

Also, I think it's so cute that she can answer some of these questions so perfectly.

Anonymous said...

This is great! One of the first ones I might consider doing.

Anonymous said...

Sweetness! I haven't interviewed Jaylene in ages. Noticed some freckles popping out on her cheeks the other day and thought of Annabel.