Thursday, February 12, 2009

Random Question Thursday



Did your wedding meet your childhood expectations?


When I was five years old I told my father's mother that I didn't want to get married. Not. Ever. I didn't want kids of my own. Maybe I'd adopt.

She looked at me like I was CRAZY!

I suppose I was. I didn't want to be a bride. I wanted to be me.

So I guess my answer would be 'No.'

And for another 29 years I believed what my five-year-old self had said.

Until the day Jed and I were married in a field, in front of about 135 members of our family and friends. We held a reception at our house including beef tenderloin and trout (heads on). It was more fun than I could have ever imagined.

2 comments:

JL said...

Yes. In that it was terrible. I've always wanted to be settled and married but never wanted a wedding. I adore my husband but I could have done without the ceremony, reception and all of the rest.

Anonymous said...

I never thought I'd have to step over a bucket of fire, making sure to break the brick on the other side with my foot, while wearing my wedding dress, practically blinded because they didn't want me to wear my glasses because I looked more beautiful without. I could go on but it's already a lengthy comment with run on sentences ;)