Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Genes are almost as peculiar as how we accessorize them

My mother saw my handbag sitting on the table.




"That looks like my mother's purse," she said.

"I was thinking the same thing the other day," I replied.

"You remember that?"

"I remember. It looked like she carried her life with her."

"It looks like you carry your work with you."

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I am an old woman, named after my mother
My old man is another child that’s grown old

If dreams were thunder; lightning was desire
This old house would’ve burned down
A long time ago

Make me an angel
That flies from Montgomery
Make me a poster of an old rodeo

Just give me one thing that I can hold on to
To believe in this living is just a hard way to go ...


- Bonnie Raitt

No comments: