Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Today's snack was brought to you by the letter "L"

That's what the teachers at The Marilla Cuthbert Academy for Unspeakably Charming Children are demanding, anyway.

Really? Let me see ... A healthy snack that doesn't contain chocolate or refined sugar ... AND something that begins with the letter "L."

(DO YOU ALL SEE WHY I HATE SCHOOL?)

The following is a list of brainstormed items coupled with Ittybit's responses in parentheses:

La-la-la Lemons? (Too puckery, but lemonade would be fine).
Lemon-poppyseed muffins? (Naw).
Leeks? (What are they)?
Lobster? (Yech).
Lox? (That's not even food).
Liverwurst? (Uh, NOOOO)!
Lamb? (WHAT? Those cute and cuddly things)?
Lumpfish? (That just sounds not good).
Lutefisk? (I don't even want to know what THAT is).
Lentils? (I suppose. ... it's a soup, right)?
Lasagna? (At least I've heard of that).

Lollipops? (But teacher said 'No lollipops').
I'm sure she won't mind if they're made of apples ...

Of course ... on second thought, she's going to be none-too-happy about the skewers ... Maybe we can just saw the pointy parts off.

3 comments:

Bill said...

You forgot lima beans...mmm, when I'm hungry for a snack, I pop a handful of limas.

Bleah.

L'apple-pops are a great idea...my kids may get them tonight!

toyfoto said...

I also forgot Latkes ... we even talked about those. But she doesn't like potatoes. I keep asking myself: 'How is it humanly possible that I had children that don't like potatoes or bread?'

Anonymous said...

I'm all for just adding adjectives as in "Lucky Peanut butter sandwiches" If you had a heart cookie cutter you could use it to make shamrock sandwiches if you wanted to get creative. Your Lolipopapples are cute, love the star pattern that shows up.