Thursday, December 21, 2006

Can't you just FEEL the holiday cheer?



Now that she knows Santa is taking her binky when he comes this Christmas, she's no longer thrilled with the idea of a jolly ol' elf breaking into the house late at night and leaving gifts of toys and sweets behind.

Even though he's likely going to be giving her big-girl lip gloss (as a bait and switch) in exchange for the beloved soother, she's torn. If she were of devious intention, I'm sure she'd neglect to remind us to exinguish the fire in the woodstove (where she thinks Sir Claus will sneak in on Christmas Eve).

It would seem I've unintentionally turned his very elven existence* into something that is not so carefree and joyous.

I can't say that I blame her.

Bad Mommy!


* Please visit Exiled in Toyland on Sunday, and I'll tell you why I still believe in Santa.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah...taking away the binky. How well I remember that particular hell.

Gina said...

Hmm... I might have to use that tactic next year. Heaven knows my two year old will have that binky when it's time for Santa to come...