Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Hard work


sleeping bean, originally uploaded by toyfoto.


I thought today would prove, finally, that Silas is too old to be coming to work with me. I was sure that he would be too demanding; that I wouldn't be able to get things done.

He had another follow-up examination with the urologist; just an ultrasound and consultation to see how the hydronephrosis is doing. Although from the way he carried on during the ultrasound one might think he was being poked with sharp sticks.

I know the medical people like to go from good side to not-so-good side when they are making comparison images, but geesh! He was only mildly put out while the technician scanned his right kidney (which is normal) and REALLY pissed off by the time he got to the left side. Really. Pissed.

The good news is the doctor says his stable if not slightly better. Of course the "improvement" could be a normal fluctuation in fluid swishing around in there but the doctor was adamant that it was "certainly no worse."

So 'yay' for progress.

And once we got back to the office, as you can see from the photo above, he slept like a baby.

Until he woke up and then reacquainted himself with his good ol' friend, Recycling.


Recycling, magnets, cars that zoom, balls and foam ballistics ... even something as simple as emptying out my wallet can occupy him for hours.
I just hope when it's quitting time, I'll be able to find my keys.

7 comments:

Amy said...

I am so glad to hear he is stable or even improving.

And how much does your workplace rock? That they let you bring him? Maybe someday I'll walk in the door and apply for a job there, and we can sit side by side with our blogs and our boys. :)

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear Silas is fine, this is good news indeed!

Unknown said...

yay for well-behaving kidneys!

Binky said...

My blog and my boy totally want to hang with yours and Mrs. Chicken's :) Plus, Troy is like my favorite place in the WORLD. I know you think I'm joking, but I'm not. I have a sticker on the very computer I am now typing on that reads "enjoy troy." And I certainly do.

I hope Silas continues to improve with the quickness.

Anonymous said...

Anything and everything in a box can be taken out. And then put in again. And then taken out. Oh, yes...hours of fun.

Anonymous said...

i lub that kid and hooray for good news!

Carl said...

I know how frustrating these medical things can be, so just hang in there and it will all get worked out.

My younger one would spend hours (HOURS!) trying to get a blanket, tablecloth, or towel to line up perfectly straight and even on the floor. She was obsessed with getting it perfectly straight and flat, which of course she could never quite accomplish. She did it so much we started to worry that it was a sign of something wrong (because even with the second one there is time for such nonsensical worry).