Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Getting our ducks in a row



I've spent two days feeling right sorry for myself. I've cried myself dry.

To his credit, Jed has been a font of positive thinking. Telling me that no matter what happens it's going to be all right.

He even sent me off yesterday to be with friends I hardly ever get to see anymore.

I didn't get home until after they'd both gone to bed. He'd left a message on my voicemail telling me he would be gone before I got up, but Ittybit had a gift for me on her dresser she was excited to give me in the morning.

She woke happy, clutching a package containing a beaded necklace she and Jed had strung for me.

I put it on and felt a heavy weight lift. It surprised me. Even the birds that have been waking me up at 5 a.m. every morning since this month started seemed like a welcome addition to the morning din.

I'm feeling better now. The world is even looking brighter and more ordered.

I'm still hoping for the best, but accepting that perhaps what's best isn't the myth of perfection.

I also want to thank you all for your kind words, or your silent thoughts and prayers.

It lightens the load.

4 comments:

Binky said...

I'm glad to hear the jumbled ducks have assumed their positions. Best wishes to you, Jed and Annabel.

Gail at Large said...

ohmygosh, I am so behind on reading your site. And I'll be even more behind in the coming days. But I'm thinking and hoping good things for you next week, and I'll be checking in on the due date if I can.

Kelly said...

Wishing you the best, and hoping you're able to find some measure of peace in the waiting...

Anonymous said...

Still here. Holding your hand in a virtual kind of way. Waiting with you.