Tuesday, November 13, 2007

$20,900.00


us and them, originally uploaded by toyfoto.



That's roughly what each American family owes for this war so far.

... and the number will continue to climb.

When Ittybit asked me why we can't waste soap or let the shower run too long, I tell her we have to try and protect the environment.

When she asks why I tell her it's because we don't own it, we're just borrowing it from her children and her children's children, and that we need to leave it in as good a condition as we can for them. I tell her it's not only for her, but for everyone all over the world. I tell her 'We are all in this together.'

She's starting to understand.

But I don't know how to explain this war.

I don't want to explain this war.

All I know is we are not all in this together.

1 comment:

Firestarter5 said...

Not to be the negative one, but...it's going to get worse.