Friday, November 09, 2007

The picture of health ... for now


sleepy, originally uploaded by toyfoto.



Dear God,

If you're out there poised to hit my family with a thunderclap of typhoid this weekend in the form of Coxsackie virus, please remember that I was once an altar server.

Mostly I set up for the mass and cleaned up after the priest because, being a girl and all, according to your henchmen representatives here on Earth, I was unable to particapate fully because of said lack of appropriate external plumbing.

But I'm not bitter.

I won't promise to go to church or anything like that, because, and you know this Lord, I am not a hypocrite. But I will promise to try and use your name FAR more infrequently when I stub my toe or burn my fingers on the baking sheet. I know full well it's not your fault I'm such a klutz.

So if you could see fit to let this particular trouble pass, I will be most appreciative. I'd even knit you or one of your reps a scarf.

Love,

Ittybit and Champ's mommy

3 comments:

Whirlwind said...

I would not wish that virus on my worst enemy! I hope it skips your house.

Husband caught it when Einey had it and his was 10x worse than she was (I was glad in a way because he at least could deal with it). It's also the virus that caused a secondary Viro- Encephalitis in Meenie last year. Not fun at all.

Stay healthy! And remember, the incubation period fro exposed is 7 days!

Anonymous said...

Here's to God answering your prayer and you avoiding the thunderclap of typhoid.

I'm thinking the odds are in your favour because lately all the germs of the universe seem to be centered at my house...

toyfoto said...

Thanks everyone. My *prayer was answered in a positive way. The exposure was to strep not Coxsackie. Whoot.