Monday, May 22, 2006
Who says people don't read newspapers anymore?
Who am I kidding? They don't. I don't even get a paper delivered to the house anymore. Is that horrible or what?
My job, my way of life for the past decade or so, is on the verge of extinction and I don't even have a subscription. Why? Here's the short (and embarrasing) list. ...
7. We get enough free newspapers in the mail, which we use to start fires in the woodstove, line the flower beds and pack away old dishes.
6. I don't have a bird ... ergo no cage.
5. I do have a toddler, which means I have been unable to read anything that requires large pages be turned since late 2003.
4. I can't stand that stories featuring Brittney Spears or American Idol make Page One ... ever.
3. I listen to radio. I read magazines. I surf the Internets.
2. I can't stand that icky feeling I get from newsprint ... and the ink stains my hands.
1. Recycling is not as pleasurable an experience as the other "Rs" - reduce and reuse.
THE YAYA REPORT
What's happening at the other mom's house ...
Let's just say the only good thing that happened today was that Annabel was reported to be a "little angel" while she visited with Miss Sherry (one of Lori's dear friends, who also provides daycare for kidlets) while Lori went to the doctor to see about her lingering cough. Diagnosis: Walking pneumonia.
In other not-so-good news: Lori's other half (whom Annabel calls "No, Honey") broke his leg playing soccer on Sunday. His cast is blue.
This just in ... my tiny patron. During a diaper change Annabel turned her head in the direction of this photograph on the playroom wall and said, "I yike your pisher, Yaya." To which Lori replied, "You know, your mom took that picture. She'll be glad to know you like it."
Posted by toyfoto at 1:44 PM